Monday, February 20, 2012

Ordinary

I have been hesitant to ever write a blog for fear that it will be a big waste of time. Who cares what I have to say? Who wants to read about how I like to see fresh vacuum lines in the carpet or long for a husband to laugh with?

I find that dozens of thoughts, feelings, and ideas that fly past my head in a day get tossed out like garbage because the "better" part of me believes to know which ones to keep--the ones that will be relevant, useful, and valuable in my day-to-day experiences. There is no need for all of those excess "silly" thoughts. No one cares about those.


The conclusion that I have come to is that all of those little, "ordinary" thoughts, feelings, and ideas that I carelessly label as unimportant, unoriginal, and just plain silly--are on the contrary, very extraordinary. The collection of all of those ordinary things is what distinguishes me from just being a living, walking mass of organs and flesh. I have realized that silly or not, my thoughts deserve to be kept.

So I am making a commitment to myself to stop throwing away those thoughts and bringing them out into the light. No more pressing the delete button out of fear of what may or may not be important. From now on, I am pretending that there is no such thing as an unimportant thought.

I look forward to seeing what silly things I will come up with to post on here and I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment